Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sunday morning fun

I'm taking a break between loads of laundry to post some pics of a few cards I was able to make earlier today.  I apologize for the lousy photography; I have to find better lighting and hold my iPhone straighter, lol!

I just received my new Brick Wall embossing folder from Stampin Up and was anxious to give it a try.  I used the direct-stamping technique on the folder before embossing to achieve the look of mortar between the bricks.  I scuffed up some of the bricks with my favorite embossing ink, Walnut Stain.  I used my SU Awesomly Artistic and World of Dreams stamp sets to add the foliage and dragonfly.  I stamped an extra dragonfly, fussy cut his wings and attached to the stamped image for some dimension.


Also in my Stampin Up order was the new Confetti Embossing folder.  As with most of my projects,  I saw the idea of multi-color inking of the raised image in a Pinterest post and had to give it a try.    I stamped and popped up a die cut oval to cover the debossed area in the center.  If you're in need of a quick, last minute card, this folder is perfect.


My last card was made using the faux 3-D stamping technique; an old one but deserves to be resurrected from time to time.

I used the Skywriting stamp from Memory Box and stamped on top of three, stacked papers of graduating sizes.  I left them stacked and sponged on some Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire embossing ink.  I then Popped each layer on the plum cardstock cut slightly larger on each layer.  I  tied some glitter string, added a pretty bead, and adhered the stack to an ivory base card that I sponged with some more Chipped Sapphire.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment