Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Rare day of crafting...

I had a most rare day today where I actually had some time to put together a few cards and get in touch with my lost creativity.  My "other half" had a procedure done today so I had to take the day off.  We were home by 11 and the weather was horrible so I disappeared to my craft cave while he was resting.  All three of these cards were shown on Splitcoaststsmpers.com and while I make every effort to not CASE, as crafters we can all agree that we get many of our inspirations from the thousands of artistic ideas posted by fellow crafters.

The first is a simple birthday or all occasion card using the Stampin Up Oh Hello die set, Sizzix swirls embossing folder, an old DSP stack and a Stampin Up antique brad in the center.  I used the Stampin Up Flower Shop punch on the top layer so the DSP paper peeked through. Simple...



For this Celebrate You card, I used all Stampin Up Very Vanilla CS and die cut the window and stamped the sentiment using Versamark and heat embossed it with WOW gold powder.  The butterfly is from Memory Box and the Fancifiul Flourishes are from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I spritzed the butterfly with Perfect Pearls Biscotti (my favorite) which is hard to see here but adds an interesting shimmer.



I just love the look of this inlaid design; again using the Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourishes die.  It's all Stampin Up cardstock and the unexpected Versafine ink on my fingertips provided for an opportunity to add a butterfly using a Memory Box die.




No comments:

Post a Comment